When you starting a transition from a military career to a civilian one, it may seem that you have limited options, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. Global companies are looking for candidates who are loyal, hardworking, resilient, adaptable, they are looking for you.
As a veteran, you might struggle to describe your work experience in a way that private-sector recruiters understand. Military.com reported that skills translation was the number one thing holding veterans back from new employment. The military acronyms and terminology that you’ve become familiar with often fail to connect with civilians.
Fortunately, a military to civilian resume service could allow you to overcome this difficulty. Browse this list of military transition resume writing services to begin comparing top service providers.
Make your first life-changing steps with the help of professionals.
Military to Civilian Resume Writing Services
The companies presented in a chart were selected due to several positive feedbacks from satisfied customers and good professional reputation, including guarantees, several free military resume revisions, a low rejection rate, on-time orders delivery, and excellent value for many.
Check out our military resume writing service reviews for the next company:
- Resume Writers
- Resumes Planet
- Resume Writing Service
- Great Resume Fast
Below, we will evaluate each of the resume writing services focusing on some of their key features.
Founded in 1999, Resume Writers has experts specialized in 70+ industries and craft high-quality military-to-civilian resumes.
- Direct contact with a writer
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Turnaround: 3-5 business days
- Cost: $169,95
TopResume has been in business since 2014. The company has 1,200 certified writers who specialize in 65 career fields.
- 60-day interview guarantee
- Free resume critique
- Turnaround: 4-7 business days
- Personal support from a writer
- Cost: $199
Founded in 2008, Resumes Planet is one of the leading resume writing services. Enjoy a high-quality service in a short period of time!
- 24/7 customer support
- Turnaround: 5 business days
- Direct contact with writers
- Cost: $129
Founded in 2009, Resume Writing Service has a high customer satisfaction rate due to professional military resume writers.
- 24/7 customer support
- Direct contact with a writer
- Turnaround: 5+ business days
- Cost: $209
Great Resume Fast is one of the best military transition resume writing services and has A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- 90 min startegy call
- 2 rounds of revisions
- ATS-friendly resume
- Turnaround: 3-5 business days
- Cost: $695
Cost of Resume Military Service
Prices for professional resume writing services for military veterans start at about $130. For officers seeking executive-level jobs, resume prices climb as high as $900. A professionally written resume represents an investment. The cost, however, is a good value when it leads to years of ongoing employment.
You can expect to pay a premium when you need a resume fast. This could be appropriate if an open position is about to close applications. Otherwise, it’s usually best not to rush things unnecessarily. A resume requires attention to detail, and you want one that sells your skills effectively.
Which Payment Methods are Supported by Military Resume Writing Services?
The major part of military resume writing services accepts MasterCard, Maestro card, Visa, American Express, Amex, Discover, and Wire Transfer.
How to Evaluate Military Resume Writers
Establish Direct Contact
Choose a writer specializing in military transitions. Give preference to a former military officer with the Master Military Resume Writer credential who knows how to translate military jargon into language that is attractive for the private sector. Make sure your resume professional is sophisticated in writing ATS-friendly resumes as well.
Search for Feedback
Military resume writers reviews will reveal clues about the writer’s suitability for your goals. Look for feedback like “The writer understood my skills” or “The resume I got landed me a job.”
During initial communications with potential writers, ask specific questions. You want to determine if a person has a good grasp of military terminology and job descriptions.
Good questions for vetting a military resume writer are:
- Which branches of military service are you most familiar with?
- Did you serve in the military?
- How many resumes have you written for veterans?
- What are your writing credentials?
- Can you provide any references from satisfied customers?
Another credential that could help you identify the best professionals is a certification from the National Resume Writers Association. Credentials like these indicate that a writer is serious about resume writing and it’s not just a side hustle.
The best choice for you might not necessarily be the best choice for everyone. A writer who excels at military skill translation for Marines might struggle with someone transitioning from the Navy.
The civilian industry where you’re seeking work should influence your choice. Not all military resumes writers specialize in the same things. Look for someone who understands what recruiters in your desired field want to see in a job candidate.
Certified resume writers often develop specialties, such as engineering or finance. They’ve learned what job recruiters in certain industries are looking for. Most importantly, the best military to civilian resume writers know what words to use to capture the attention of hiring managers.
Before accepting a resume from a writing service, ask someone you trust to look at the draft. An outside opinion could help you know if you should ask for a revision.
Prepare to Work With Resume Writer
Even when you outsource resume writing, you still need to fill questionnaires or provide your work history. An exception is Great Resumes Fast, which doesn’t ask its clients to complete any worksheets but offers 60-90 minutes conversation to discuss the work experience. But as for the rest military resume writing services, be ready to provide the next data:
- Last 10 years of NCOER/OERs/EPRs
- Fully updated ERB or ORB
- ATRRS, VMET Document
- Training certificates and licenses
- Academic level and degree (i.e., BA, BS, MBA, etc.), including GPA
- Security clearance status
- Your contact information ( address, phone number, and email address).
Request a Verification of Military Experience and Training from the Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program. This record provides a summary of your skills.
How to Choose Military Resume Writing Service?
We hope, now you have a clear idea of how to determine professional military resume writer. Let’s see what to take into consideration while choosing the best military to civilian resume writing service.
- Website design and content: guarantees, turnaround time, working process and contact information.
- Testimonials: make sure the person is real, just browse name and surname, occupation in Google or on LinkedIn.
- Direct contact with a writer is a must. Even if you’ve got a first-class writer, make a double check if you’re both looking at the same direction of your career transition.
- Resume review is an essential part of the process. Make sure, you’ll have the possibility to revise the document for further improvement.
- The lack of direct contact with a writer, unskillful communication during a chat with your writer. Writer’s reluctance to get into details of your military transition.
- No guarantees: on-time delivery guarantee, revisions guarantee, quality guarantee. Usually, military resume writing services provide 100% satisfaction guarantee or 60-day interview guarantee.
- Fictional information or overstatement of your skills, years of experience and achievements, which can be easily revealed during a job interview.
Can I Find Resume Writers Near Me?
If you’re in an area with a large military presence, like Fort Bragg or Fort Hood, local employment agencies could offer resume writing assistance. Do an internet search for resume writers for military transition along with the town where you live. The search could return results for qualified writers.
You might not even have to look off base. The majority of U.S. military installations have a transition assistance office. A convenient source of resume help might be closer than you think.
Finding someone locally might feel more comfortable. You’ll have the chance to meet the writer in person. If you’re not pleased with the services available locally, don’t dismiss using an online company. Thousands of people employ these services with good results.
The nonprofit organization Hire Our Heroes could also connect you with transition resources. Veterans founded this nonprofit for the sole purpose of helping veterans transition to civilian employment. The group sponsors group training and networking events throughout the country. Volunteers at Hire Our Heroes can mentor you and aid in your job search.
Aviation Programs Director
Pilot in Command